OEE scientists experience in working with water utility companies includes pollution incident management, response and remediation, consulting and expert services including the provision of detailed assessment of risks to water supplies from contaminated sites and pollution incidents and the assessment of turbidity problems.
OEE scientists experience in this sector includes:
- Pollution incident management and remediation following diesel spill incidents from back-up generators on water supply works and waste water treatment works;
- Detailed quantitative assessment of risks to water supply boreholes from petrol contaminated soils and groundwater on filling station sites;
- Remediation strategy design and supervision following diesel and kerosene pollution incidents;
- Contaminated land investigation and assessments prior to infrastructure works on and adjacent to water supply and waste water treatment works; and,
- Sampling and detailed analysis of groundwater from water supply boreholes with turbidity problems using SEM and particle size analysis.
In the delivery of the above services we have worked with and alongside hydrogeologists at all levels, project managers, water supply managers, waste water managers, environment managers and contractors appointed by water companies.
Where required, we can also liaise with the relevant regulators such as the Environment Agency.